Manufacturing EngineerIt takes great people toachieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of theworld's most beloved brands, includingDEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.Job Summary:Develops, evaluates and enhances manufacturing methods for aerospace machined and sheet metal components, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, fabrication processes, lean principles, assembly methods and quality control standards. Essential Functions:Illustrative duties may include, but are not restricted to, one or more of the following:
- Develop manufacturing processes for new products, and updates to existing processes
- Research customer specifications, and new processes
- Trouble shoot shop existing shop floor processes, tools, and equipment
- Design tooling for new and improving existing processes
- Design shop floor department and cell layouts
- Produce engineering drawings for new products.
- Develop laser cutting and machining programs
- Observes, understands and documents existing component processing
- Interact with customers, operators, sales reps and vendors.
- Reviews and implements manufacturing drawing and engineering change notices
- Evaluates data and product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal
- Analyzes data and reports to determine if design meets specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- Education and Experience:Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited institution in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of engineering experience. Equivalent hands-on applicable experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Basic Computer Skills:Microsoft Office Suite products, and strong knowledge of AutoCAD or other modeling software.