Job ID: 2111080Location: WASHINGTON , DC , US Date Posted: 2021-07-24Category: Information TechnologySubcategory: Technical SvcsSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: NoMinimum Clearance Required: Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretPotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC is seeking an IT Service Desk Manager to support a large federal government agency. Employee will perform on-site, at a secure government location Monday through Friday during normal business hours. Employee will be required to provide occasional after-hours and weekend support during planned or unplanned events. Description of Duties:
- Oversee all customer support requests through service management ticketing system.
- Manage customer issues throughout the customer service lifecycle (including Tiers 0/I/II).
- Monitor and manage phone queues.
- Provide data, trend analysis and reporting, including weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports.
- Communicate management direction to the team, report issues and provide status to stakeholders.
- Train, coach and mentor service desk agents to ensure quality and consistency of service.
- Analyze trends, customer surveys and other data to develop strategies for service improvement.
- Develop, manage and maintain schedules to ensure optimal coverage for all shift.
- Bachelors degree and 9 years; Masters degree and 7 years experience; May accept experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience managing a 24x7 IT service desk with 50 or more program staff including direct labor, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Experience in personnel management. Possesses the ability to develop leadership and management skills that require mentoring and feedback from supervisors.
- Ability to escalate program issues to management for assistance.
- Provide input to corporate activities including performance reviews, compensation-related actions, and staffing and hiring recommendations. Raise personnel issues to appropriate internal support elements.
- Ability to act independently while routinely being reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interim Secret clearance to start work. Must be able to receive final Secret clearance.
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) or Service Desk Institute (SDI) certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow