Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better. SUMMARY The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives. The successful candidate will design and develop frameworks and APIs that simplify the licensing of our products and support new business models. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 2 years' experience or MS
- Work experience with C/Cand REST API.
- Prior experience developing with web/cloud-based technologies.
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Technical knowledge and experience with C/C or Java/J2EE
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Experience in architecting, designing, and developing enterprise applications using Service Oriented Architecture with SOAP/REST and microservices.
- Experience with client server architecture.
- Experience with licensing technologies like FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Operations, or Sentinel RMS.
- Network protocol and computer system knowledge.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics. At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines. Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies. For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team. Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. #SP #LI-AA1Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork