Come Make the World With UsIt takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll DoAs a Data Scientist , you'll be part of our Data & Analytics team located remotely.You'll get to:
- Leverage big data and data science to discover patterns and solve strategic & tactical business problems using massive structured and unstructured data sets across multiple environments
- Develop analytic capabilities (e.g. models and processes) that drive better outcomes for both customers and the company
- Drive the collection, cleansing, processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Build, test, and deploy predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms on large static and/or streaming data sets
- Report findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences
- Learn & stay current on analytics developments in one or more business domains: Internet of Things, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Forecasting, Marketing and Sales, Pricing, etc.
- Learn & stay current on developments in one or more analytics domains: Optimization, Machine Learning, Deep Learning / AI, Simulation, etc.
- Generate innovative ideas, establish new research directions, shape and execute the information strategy in support of technical projects and new product developments
- Work with and support other team members, management, and partners
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a relevant technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Econometrics) with 2+ years of experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles
- Experience working with large complex data sets, real time/near real time analytics, and distributed big data platforms (Hadoop & MapReduce and/or Cassandra/Spark)
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Strong knowledge of analysis tools such as Python, R, MATLAB, Spark or SAS. R/Spark on Hadoop or Cassandra preferred.
- Strong background in applying statistical machine learning techniques to predictive modeling and experience with Machine Learning libraries (via R, H2O, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive,Spark, PIG
- Familiarity with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure.
- A strong understanding of data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research and problem solving
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.