A leading online marketplace for rentals is hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to lead the upgrade of Python 2 to Python 3, and the migration from CentOS and RHEL to Amazon Linux. Upgrading Python will be the first project for the Senior Site Reliability Engineer and will require working team by team coordinating proof of concepts, tools to port Python 2 code to Python 3, validating migration results, and debugging issues. Migrating to Amazon Linux will be the second project the Senior Site Reliability Engineer will tackle by leading a team of three other contractors including two Software Engineers. For each service, RHEL or CentOS, the team will build necessary tools to support the migration, coordinate with the relevant teams, make the appropriate changes and configurations using Chef, validate the migration results, and debug issues. Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or related position.
- Strong Python 2 and Python 3 experience.
- Experience with Ubuntu distributions.
- Experience with CentOS or RHEL, and the yum package manager.
- Experience with Chef.
- Previous experience migrating from Python 2 to Python 3.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Familiarity with offline data warehouse.
- 45% Python 2 and Python 3
- 45% Linux CentOS, RHEL, and Amazon Linux
- 10% Chef
- 70% Hands On
- 10% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $88/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 - 12 Months
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit