Description Job Description:Leidos is seeking a motivated software engineer with experience developing enterprise C2S cloud applications for one of our Application Services contracts. Candidates should be highly skilled and able to provide complex engineering tasks. Candidates may work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. This position may oversee and monitor performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.Location of the position is negotiable, either Herndon VA, or Washington DC (DIAHQ or Maryland Square). Occasional commutes to the other site may be required for periodic meetings. Primary Responsibilities
- Performing software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products. Duties include software requirements analysis, development of software products and software tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
- Determines hardware compatibility.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables. Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines. Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience in C2S cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
- Relational and NoSQL database design, implementation, configuration, and query experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data indexes (ElasticSearch or Lucene).
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Angular.js, and React.
- Comfortable working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems (i.e. command line operations, bash scripting).
- Demonstrable Configuration Management (CM) experience using Git and familiarity with branching strategies.
- High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Security + Certification
- TS/SCI with a Poly is required.
- Experience building automation and Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CloudFormation).
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, ALB, IAM, and SQS.
- Familiarity with RMF+ security accreditation process and experiencing coding to security standards and best practices (i.e. end-to-end encryption).
- General awareness of / experience with popular open source frameworks, libraries, and packages.
- Ability to determine technical direction from high-level requirements.