July 8, 2021 Sr. Software Engineer - Panel Technology (C) Job DescriptionJob Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Panel Technology (C) Location: Reston, VAAbout this role:Comscore is a data company. We collect and process trillions of data events each day, have 10s of petabytes of data online and each month our systems read and process nearly an exabyte. We analyze the media consumption behaviors of millions of consumers across the world, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics all with an eye towards consumer privacy and data governance. Our clients include major internet companies, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.As part of the Panel Technology team, you will be developing various aspects of big data processing systems, primarily in C and Java. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. What You'll Do:
- Participate in the design and development of new components
- Develop components that can process large volumes of data while being fault tolerant
- Develop enhancements to current solutions
- Assist in the automation of processing and testing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in developing applications.
- 4+ years developing software in C in a UNIX environment.
- Experience developing in C and Objective-C in an OS X environment is a plus
- 3+ years developing software in Java in a UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP including HTTP/HTTPS a plus
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Experience with reverse engineering software