Company DescriptionJoin us and make YOUR mark on the World!Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission. Job Description We have an opening for a Cyber Support Technician to provide basic cyber and technical support for multiple classified networks, standalone systems, security systems, user accounts and access and implementation of security controls. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division within the Computing Directorate, matrixed to the Field Intelligence Element (FIE).This position will be filled at either the 525.2 or 525.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.In this role you will
- Perform user account access management and monitor component compliance for various networks and standalone systems.
- Provide Cyber Security Escort (CSE) service for IT staff or programmatic customers.
- Perform IT equipment evaluations and procurement recommendations.
- Inspect and document information systems to verify compliance.
- Manage unclassified and classified account approvals and process.
- Monitor and triage work queue requests.
- Interact with users on security issues related to hardware, application software, and operating systems.
- Maintain appropriate technology, computer security, and safety training and perform all assignments in accordance with policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) role as the author and owner of comprehensive cyber security document packages.
- Provide advanced technical and computer security guidance and troubleshooting.
- Plan, design, and evaluate complex cyber security solutions.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Associate degree in a computer-related field or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and flexibility to adjust to changing deadlines.
- Ability to execute sound judgments in a highly dynamic environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with customers and handling issues with confidentiality and professionalism.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Software Suite.
- Basic troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, consistent follow-through to assure issue is resolved and policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to consistently follow procedural guidelines.
- Experience developing and documenting work processes.
- Experience administering, troubleshooting, maintaining, repairing, and securing Windows and Mac hardware, software, applications and operating systems.
- Ability to write complex security plans, maintain component configurations, and inspect computer and network hardware.
- Experience with LLNL, DOE, and NNSA cyber security policies, procedures, and implementations.
- Knowledge of computer security concepts and practices for one or more common operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac, or Linux).
- Sensitive Compartmented Information access.
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment