Description Job Description:Leidos is looking for a Software Project Leader to support a critical Department of Defense Logistics Management System. As a Project Leader, you will provide critical thought leadership and direction to push the limits of system design and innovation in support of stakeholder requirements. You will be responsible for translating complex problems into elegant solutions and shaping business technology strategies. The Project Leader will manage processes and projects within a defined budget and scheduled set by the stakeholders and management. Requirements typically involve multiple projects, customers, and stakeholders.Leadership:Project Leader will manage multiple teams consisting of experienced software developers, analysts, quality assurance, and database administrators/developers. Project Leader will provide primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards for direct reports.Communication:Communicates with parties within and outside of own project, which include management, Government customers, users, and other stakeholders. This positions requires ability to communicate and collaborate with others outside of own project area on requirements, practices and procedures.Primary Responsibilities1. Lead and direct the project planning effort
- Establish estimates
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures
- Define Critical Path
- Minimize scope creep
- Project Planning
- Establish Acceptance Criteria
- Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience and 2 years of supervisory duties.
- Secret government clearance.
- Expert in design, development, and deployment of highly scalable Microsoft .NET Management Information Systems and Application Program Interfaces (API).
- Experience in developing systems that must meet stringent security, accounting, and configuration management auditability requirements.
- Experience with contemporary data engineering development practices.
- Experience in application architecture, microservice architecture, event driven architectures and messaging systems, and in domain driven design.
- Hands on experience with one of the public clouds, such as Amazon or Microsoft.
- Experience with employing change management techniques to prepare, support, and help individuals, teams, and organizations use new technologies and methods.