Company DescriptionJoin us and make YOUR mark on the World!Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems. Job Description We have an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst to provide advanced cyber and technical support for unclassified and classified networks, standalone systems, security systems, user accounts and access, and implementation of security controls. You will manage complex security plans and component configurations, complete self-assessments, and computer security projects. You will interact regularly with team members, customers, management, and sponsors to solve a variety of complex cyber problems in a timely manner. This position is in the Information Technology Operations Division (ITO) within the Computing Directorate.This position will be filled at either the 320.1 or 320.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.In this role you will
- Serve in the Information Systems Security Owner (ISSO) role as the author and owner of comprehensive cyber security document packages.
- Plan, design, and evaluate complex cybersecurity solutions.
- Perform advanced computer security tasks such as vulnerability remediation, audit of computer logs, and creation of documentation on policies, procedures, test plans, and risk analyses.
- Inspect information systems to verify compliance and work closely with system administrators to maintain security and accreditation status.
- Manage unclassified and classified account authorization processes and perform approvals.
- Collaborate with customers in the design of their computing environment and security management processes.
- Research solutions and manage cyber-security related projects with a diverse scope over multiple environments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide highly advanced technical assistance to the user community.
- Manage cyber-security related projects.
- Develop scripts to automate security tasks within multiple environments.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and experience editing and testing system security plans.
- Advanced knowledge of and technical expertise with cyber-related tools for auditing, compliance verification, vulnerability testing, and continuous system monitoring.
- Experience setting priorities and solving complex problems in a fast-paced, customer-focused team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of and substantial experience with computer security practices and procedures.
- Technical expertise in system administration, computer networking, infrastructure architecture, cyber security, and/or another IT field.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to collaborate in a team environment and document, present and explain technical information.
- Extensive experience developing and presenting cyber or IT solutions to a senior management team.
- Extensive experience leading cyber or IT projects.
- Highly advanced troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems, such as through writing automation scripts.
- Professional computer certification (e.g., CISSP, SANS Certification, Security+).
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment