- Manage planning and design projects - oversee the successful completion of hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses and mitigation planning projects and prepare design plans, technical specifications, and opinion of probable construction costs of closed systems, open channels, culverts and bridges, detention facilities and water quality controls.
- Develop and manage scope, schedule, and budget to meet project goals and objectives.
- Experience with a diverse range of hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling and design software packages including: HEC-HMS, 1D, 2D and unsteady HEC-RAS, StormCAD, Infoworks, ArcGIS, SWMM, etc.
- Demonstrated capability in management of stormwater projects, serving as client's primary point of contact and responsible for developing scope, schedule, and budget and managing overall project performance and client relationships for stormwater projects.
- Development of proposals for stormwater opportunities, including overall leadership of the proposal effort, developing win themes, building teams, developing technical approaches, schedules, and budgets resulting in booking of new work.
- Ability to work independently as well as plan and supervise work of teams of professionals and technicians.
- Supervisor for junior engineers/scientists.
- Effective communication skills, demonstrated management and sales capabilities.
- The position includes interaction and a commitment to client service for both internal and external clients, including client development planning, client representative duties, and achieving assigned bookings goals.
- Experience in stormwater projects, including project/task management
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Professional Engineer (PE) license from TX ideal, but for the right candidate any state
- Knowledge of FEMA's guidelines and standards for Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping preferred