Come Make the World With Us!It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do:As a Project Engineer - Productivity, you'll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team. You'll get to: As a Project Engineer in our Margin Resilience and Performance Team, you'll be part of our Hand Tools, Accessories and Storage business of Stanley Black & Decker. This Project Engineer is responsible for identifying opportunities that drive cost optimization of products and reduce complexity in our product portfolios while driving improved value to our end users. Candidates need to be results driven, a creative thinker, and work collaboratively as a team player in a fast-paced environment.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving cost improvement initiatives toward established goals across the business.
- Independently leads projects under remote supervision to implement cost reduction and complexity reduction projects that deliver establish goals and objective.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities within product portfolios; improve existing products using analytical techniques to better meet customer requirements.
- Lead teams creating new Value Improvement (VI) opportunity by conducting product teardown (along with competitive tools) and implementing complexity reduction principles to identify savings opportunities.
- Prepares presentation based on product data analysis and runs events aimed at identifying cost improvements.
- Analyze cost data to determine best cost scenarios and communicate effectively to drive cost reduction decisions.
- Defines project success criteria and continually monitors progress throughout project life cycle while reporting out to relevant team members and leadership.
- 5+ Years of Product Development and/or Product Engineering. Experience in a manufacturing environment or sourcing product is a plus.
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- Ability to present to influence
- Strong communication skills: both written and oral.
- Knowledge of business financial metrics
- Strong Analytical skills
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.