Project Manager, DEWALT Cordless Power ToolsWe Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.Come Build The World With UsThis is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We AreWe're the World's largest tool company. We design and develop the tools that are used to change the world every day here in our engineering headquarters in Towson, Maryland. Our design teams are involved with every step of the process bringing these world class products to life. From conducting end user research to identify new needs, to designing and prototyping tools to ensure we meet our customers high expectations, to creating robust tests to guarantee the tools we make stand up to the toughest environments, our engineers own every aspect of the process along the way.Who You AreYou're a strong problem solver who can see the big picture and likes bringing multi-discipline teams together to deliver tangible results . You have managed multiple programs, so you know that it takes action to get things done. You're not afraid to lead by example. You have worked your way up through the various New Product Development roles, so you can lead empathetically and set clear career paths for direct reports and indirect supporting teams. You're agile and adaptable and you know how to build cross functional relationships to keep projects moving forward. You want to work on a project where you can see the fruits of your labor come to life and enjoy getting to see the finished product on the shelves of major retailers around the globe. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 10+ years of experience.
- Experience/training in Project Management preferred. PMP certification a plus.
- Experience directing larger/multiple projects that involve cooperation between marketing, finance, manufacturing and upper management
- Demonstrated leadership with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong Project Management Skills - planning, scheduling, budgeting, executing, cross functional teamwork/leadership Workflow/routings/BOM's
- Coordination of internal and external resources
- Accountable for managing a program and owning the results
- Enjoy Full/fast-paced design cycles that average 2 years and a dynamic work environment
- Possible international travel to visit manufacturing locations (post-COVID)
- Must have desire to be a leader - future potential for a leadership role
- Successfully manage multiple projects to achieve all quality, performance, schedule and cost objectives in a cross-functional environment.
- Independently execute prioritization, planning, scheduling, and tracking of objectives.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product Marketing, Global Sourcing, Reliability, Suppliers, Manufacturing, etc.) to identify and clearly define customer requirements, and translate those requirements into appropriate product specifications
- Manage engineering product categories to define long term plans and objectives and coordinate the resources to accomplish these goals including new product development, warranty reduction initiatives, production transfers and supplier specifications
- Coordinates with Management to ensure programs are on track and identifies risk areas and suggest mitigation options to keep development moving in the right direction
- Utilize Milestone process to develop and deliver technical design in support of new product development.
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths. We need all kinds of people, so whether you want to become a technical expert, or grow your skills in multiple disciplines, you have come to the right spot.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities). We also focus on having technical experts in each area that are there to guide you along the way, so you are never alone.
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
- Hands on environment: We love tools and using them! We have prototyping, use & handling, testing, inspection and metallurgy labs all right here in Towson.
- A company with History. We have been designing tools for long time which means we have a lot of expertise here, but that doesn't mean we are afraid to try new things. We have a long list of World's firsts to our credit and we need you to keep that going!