Description of Work:
- Network Engineers will report to Project Managers and Service Delivery Managers.
- Surveys network requirements of remote field offices (approx.1950 sites) and campus building. Define network/wireless LAN (WLAN) equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Leading the rollout initiative of the WLAN solution to the remote field offices nationwide. Responsible for the design improvement, operation, and maintenance of the Network Admission Control (NAC) system for use on WLAN and Virtual Private Networking (VPN) access.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Negotiate installation date/time with customer and engage field installation contractors. Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre-engineered design templates.
- Plan, prepare and execute site survey for WLAN/NAC implementation.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Manage field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete site surveys and installations.
- Continually review customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionally, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions. Test LAN/WAN/WLAN/NAC equipment software (i.e.: IOS, CatOS).
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures. Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer's network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer's service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects. Maintain deployment schedules. Provide guidance to team members. Provide status metrics to Government customer and Peraton management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
- Experience in networking engineering in large enterprise network with over 3,000 network nodes.
- Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) level with specialization in Routing & Switching, wireless, security, or data center or equivalent certification level.
- Experience with Network Admission Control (NAC) in combination with Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE) for Wireless and Wired network.