Description Job Description:Ranked first in Government IT and systems integration, Leidos brings decades of experience leading large-scale mission-critical network IT programs. We're looking for visionaries and enablers to help us deliver game changing results. Leidos is seeking qualified candidates in a proposal effort to join our Engineering and Technical Support team, who will manage enterprise operations and deliver IT architecture modernization in support of the Department of the Navy. If awarded to Leidos, positions would be available in the Washington, DC Metro area and other locations across the US and abroad. We offer competitive compensation, retirement and paid leave packages, health and wellness programs, career development trainings and certifications, income protection, employee stock purchase plans, and family benefits. We are looking for top talented individuals with expertise and experience in:System AdministrationPrimary Responsibilities
- Responsibility includes all levels of systems support to include:
- Building, installing, operating, maintaining and managing servers, both current and future, across the ONI systems environment.
- Configuration management and performance and capacity planning.
- Support for the migration and operations of existing servers in virtual management environments and alignment of efforts to transform server operations to operate within the maritime domain
- Manage, operate and maintain ONI servers, provide system administrator services, perform system upgrades and backups, manage server documentation and configuration management, and manage server accounts.
- Support the development of a Disaster Recovery and Contingency of Operations Plan for ONI IT enterprise services.
- Follow Government Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure work is performed in accordance with ONI policies and procedures.
- Manage, operate and maintain lab servers, provide system administrator services, perform system upgrades and backups, manage server documentation and configuration management, manage server accounts, and provide Information Assurance Officer (IAO) support.
- Procure, install, sustain and manage application software, including applying patches and upgrades, conforming to and supporting the ONI configuration management process, supporting deployment, integration and testing and providing system administration services; ensure applications operate at peak efficiency; ensure applications are accessible to users; identify and resolve problems; and maintain and manage applicable licenses.
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field with 2 or more years of experience in Information Systems with specific focus on application administration, systems administration, and technical experience/knowledge of installation, configuration, and security of server environment.
- Working knowledge of network technologies and protocols; Strong interpersonal skills; Strong communication skills.
- Certifications: Per the requirements of the DoD 8570.01-M, and SECNAV M-5239.2 for System Administration (45) and other policies prior to reporting on board, all Contractor personnel must possess one of the following industry certifications (or education) at a minimum: A+ (CE) or Network + (CE) or SSCP.
- Security+ certification