Job ID: 2112595Location: SAN DIEGO , CA , US Date Posted: 2021-08-24Category: SoftwareSubcategory: SW Config AnalystSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: NoMinimum Clearance Required: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: NonePotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC has a requirement to fill an IT Systems User Support Specialist position in support of the Naval Information Warfare Command (NIWC) Pacific. This work will be performed on-site in San Diego, CA, to provide user support on the use of Logistics and Fleet Support Directorate 4.0 IT Tools, specifically SAILOR, in response to telephone, email contacts, and helpdesk tickets. The IT system NIWC Acquisition Integrated Logistics Online Repository (SAILOR) is a centralized repository that provides technical, logistics, and configuration documentation to the fleet. JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Provides user support and training on the SAILOR system.
- The User Support Specialist shall provide user support on the use of 4.0 IT Tools application SAILOR in response to telephone, email contacts, and helpdesk tickets.
- Provides monthly metrics that detail the operational usage and sustainment for each of the application systems, to be included in the Monthly Status Report . Metrics shall include the number of new users account creation, number of User Support Tickets Open and Closed, system utilization metrics, and associated detailed description including time spent repairing problems to operating software.
- The User Support Specialist shall create, update and maintain existing training materials and user manuals for job- skills type training to enable customers to use the SAILOR application. Training material and presentations shall also address the associated policies and processes for which the 4.0 IT Tools systems support.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with capturing user's community feedback and resolution of questions/concerns.
- Experience with developing and execution of test plans to quality check all patches, fixes, and new releases.
- Experience with developing and capturing user's manuals, processes, procedures.
- Experience with IT system sustainment engineering, from identification of user issues to recording of issues in a defects database, participation in a defects triaging process, and support for testing of software releases to resolve user issues.
- Knowledgeable of U.S Navy ranks and rates.
- Using one or more 4.0 IT systems: SPIDER, SAILOR, TDAD and HARPS
- Coordinating, organizing, and executing large-scale IT system demonstrations and training.
- The Navy modernization process for ships and shore sites.
- End-to-end lifecycle management of Navy technical manuals.
- Navy's NTSP development process.