Computer Vision Scientist I, Vision Analytics SICome Make the World With UsIt takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll DoAs a Computer Vision Scientist I- Vision Analytics, you will be part of our Hand Tools, Accessories, and Storage (HTAS) team located in New Britain, CT. You'll get to:
- Conduct research and development in computer vision and image processing
- Design, implement, and integrate computer vision and machine learning algorithms and prototypes and assist in the transition into products and services
- Interact with and support multiple research teams ranging from research scientists to engineers to manufacturing and retail
- Work between multiple business units and sub business units including managing meeting flows, presenting data, building, and maintaining relationships.
- Transfer user application research into critical product requirements and subsequently into the product engineering requirements and technologies to be researched.
- Build test requirements and methods to validate design intent is met.
- Work in the lab to test new product concepts and present data to the business unit in monthly review meetings.
- Create test procedures, quality plans, and transferrable documents associated with new prototypes for successful implementation
- Build proposals for investment including new technologies, equipment, systems and communicate justifications to the leadership level.
- BE THE COMPUTER VISION EXPERT FOR A $4B BUSINESS UNIT!
- Masters or Doctorate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mathematics or other related field
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience in research, engineering, or research & development
- Proficiency in Python, C, and MATLAB •
- Minimum 4 years of experience with computer vision techniques such as object recognition, segmentation, classification, and tracking.
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning models, such as CNNs, RNNs and GANs.
- Proficient technical writing and strong communication skills
- Familiarity with computer vision libraries and machine learning framework, such as OpenCV, PyTorch, and TensorFlow.
- Experience with geospatial image analysis, biomedical and healthcare image analysis, and embedded vision development.