The University of Virginia is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Developer to join the Information Technology Services team (ITS). This position will support ITSM (IT Service Management) through advanced application development. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to support critical operational services and high-priority strategic projects in support of the Universitys mission.We are looking for an experienced developer to join our team as soon as possible to begin serving as an essential resource for several near-term, time sensitive ITS projects including the Finance Strategic Transformation (FST) ITS systems remediation project, configuration management, and billing integration project, and our next ServiceNow upgrade. This is a full-time salaried position where you can continue your career.ITS at UVA is a phenomenal place to lead, grow, and deliver impact. It's an organization that values results and teamwork. We like the people we work with and the work we get to do. We strive to create a welcoming and supportive workplace where everyone feels empowered to be their authentic selves and share ideas. We embrace a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. ITS values work-life balance and provides flexible work location options where possible. Please see additional information aboutjoining our team.Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate successful completion of large technical projects as part of collaborative project teams.
- Design end to end solutions encompassing positive and consistent user experience, alignment with ITSM and ServiceNow best practices, and scalability.
- Develop and implement advanced workflows, business rules, script includes, client scripts, service portal widgets, Flows, and other scripting solutions.
- Contribute technical expertise across the platforms applications, to include but not limited to ITSM, ITBM, Security Response, and Integrations.
- Review and provide recommendations on internal security configurations, compliance, and areas of improvement.
- Debug, diagnose, and enhance service portal themes, UI scripts, and widgets. Design improvements, new customizations, using CSS, html, AngularJS, and other programming languages.
- Design and implement integrations with external platforms using LDAP integrations, IntegrationHub, MID Server data sources, as well as custom REST/SOAP APIs.
- Incorporate total quality into designs, leveraging Automated Test Framework and other available tools to spot defects in sub-production testing, and alert on defects in production environments.
- Provide expert troubleshooting on complex issues, serving as escalation point to other platform administrators/analysts/developers.
- Proactively stay up to date in platform capabilities, research and recommend use of new ServiceNow platform features/plugins, to improve the user experience, improve process quality, and educate new team members.
- Produce system design documentation for developed applications and updated solutions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Benefits Include: The choice between 3 different health plans; vision and dental insurance; life insurance; benefits savings accounts; starting with 22 days of paid time off a year in addition to 12 or more paid holidays; 8 weeks of paid parental leave; short term disability; up to $4,360 after your first year for combined use of tuition toward a degree-seeking program or up to $2,000 for professional development including classes, certification training and conferences; and more.The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per university policy.This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas.Anticipated hiring range: $107,000 - $125,000TO APPLY:Complete an application online and attach:PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search Find Jobs, and search for R0025267".PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board: https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and search for R0025267Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For questions about the application process, please contact Rhiannon OCoin, Senior Academic Recruiter, For more information about UVA and the Charlottesville community please see www.virginia.edu/life/charlottesville and https://embarkcva.com/COVID Vaccination RequirementThe University of Virginia expects all current and new employees (UVA Health System and Academic), to be vaccinated against COVID-19.If hired to work within the University Health System, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.If hired to work on the Academic side of the University, excluding the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, UPG, and the Health Systems Library, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to submit to mandatory, weekly prevalence testing. Employees that are working 100% remotely will not be subject to weekly prevalence testing; however, if the employee works on UVA Grounds (including the Medical Center) even intermittently, then they are required to be tested for COVID-19 once per week on an indefinite basis and follow masking mandates.NOTE: Some medical and safety-sensitive positions require vaccination and are not eligible for an exemption. For more information on how the vaccination and testing requirements will apply to you at your work location, see the UVA New Hire Vaccination Requirements webpage.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. The selected candidate will be required to complete a background check at time of offer per University Policy.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physicians Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
- High school diploma and 5 years of relevant experience, at least four of which were working specifically as a ServiceNow Developer or ServiceNow Engineer.
- ServiceNow certification as a ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (ServiceNowCSA) or Certified Application Developer (ServiceNow CAD).
- Preference will be given to candidates with an ITIL certification