Overview Credence Management Solutions, LLC (Credence) is seeking a Civil Engineer to support the 66 th Civil Engineering Group at Hanscom, AFB, MA Responsibilities
- Perform planning and design work for multi-phase new construction, renovations, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including but not limited to, utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
- Prepare, develop or review design calculations, cost estimates, schedules, underlying analysis, technical drawings, and specifications related to a wide variety of projects and systems, to include roadways, parking areas, sidewalks, sanitary sewer systems, water distribution systems, storm water collection systems, site/area development, drainage, foundations, structures, transportation; drainage and other systems of major size and complexity for use on a military installation, multi-story office buildings, large utility plants, hangars, and similar structures.
- Support project programming efforts that includes developing detailed scopes of work, development of cost estimates meeting the requirements of an AACE Class III cost estimate, and entering project specific data into NEXGEN.
- Provide assistance and technical support in the identification, development, and preparation of FSRM, Non-Appropriated Funds (NAF), customer-funded programs, and MILCON projects.
- Coordinate with customers and other governmental personnel and agencies, as necessary, to define project requirements, ensure compliance with Federal, State, local and Air Force regulations. Draft Performance Work Statements (PWS), prepare Statements of Work (SOW), draft programming documents (DD 1391s), and develop cost estimates, briefings and other components of the programming / acquisition package for government approval and submission.
- Perform independent technical and cost reviews of facility project design submittals, standard design templates, charrette reports, and facility design standards/tools prepared by architect-engineers. perform comprehensive technical compliance verification of all aspects of the design with all applicable design criteria, including applicable AF and national standards, criteria, and specifications; providing a specific citation as the basis for each finding. perform a comprehensive validation of the designer's cost estimate, citing specific areas with questionable basis. Where applicable, assess compliance with programming approval documents and applicable program approval thresholds.
- Assist in the development of various project management tools to include Project Management Plans, Construction Management Documents, and all required enterprise business system data entry for assigned projects. This includes, assisting in the creation of contract document packages required for the award of construction projects to include: project folder, liquidated damages, green procurement, quality assurance plan, nomination form for quality assurance representative, funding documents and period of performance.
- Assist the Government by providing project management, project oversight, technical advice, and quality assurance services for projects. not perform any inherently governmental activities, nor represent the Government for contracting purposes.
- Assist government personnel to perform QA/QC oversight of project field activities. review project field activities to ensure compliance with Air Force, regulatory, and project-specific procedures and the resulting data collected are technically defensible. Assistance shall include site visits, documentation, photographs, daily surveillance log, and reports of immediate health and safety hazards observed. participate in planning/design charrette activity; review/ oversight of Contractor work in progress; and quality assurance/quality control.
- Perform a comprehensive technical review of contract submittals, requests for information, change order requests, or other real-time interaction with a design or construction contractor.
- Assist in the coordination of and attend, all project development meetings, contract review meetings, pre-construction meetings, site visits, and other pertinent meetings to coordinate information with installation activities. develop briefings in support of project and meeting requirements.
- Tier 1 clearance required (NACI)
- ABET-accredited Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Professional registration/license desired.
- Must have experience utilizing Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, BUILDER (desired), TRIRIGA (desired), E4Clicks or equivalent, and familiarity w/ RSMeans at a minimum.