Location: Downers Grove, IL Description: Our client is currently seeking a HIT IT Program Manager Job Description:
Strategy and Planning Responsibilities Drive strategic plan development through roadmaps and business plansDrive performance improvements through Cost transparency and benchmarkingBudgeting and Forecasting - prioritize the best investments in capital project spend and opexDemand management process - what projects can we commit to executing Financial Responsibilities Assist teams in developing Capital and Opex budgets and forecastsAssist teams in developing business cases and defining financial Pro Forma'sAssist coordinating governance meetings - HIT Steering Committee / Prioritization CommitteeExperience with Cost Modeling, Benchmarking, and Cost Transparency analytical tools would be a plus - Apptio or NicusRun independently on projects assignedIT Financial Management or IT Business Management experience - a plusProcess change and documentationManages the delivery of the largest and most complex strategic IT projects ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery with the agreed level of functionality.Engages extensively with senior IT leaders, key senior business leaders and the program/project steering committee to provide timely reports on progress and attainment of business objectives, together with an analysis of potential issues and risks and corrective actions required.Contributes to the definition of an Aurora project management methodology based on current IT best practice recognizing the differences in approach required based on the size and complexity of the project and the need to support traditional (waterfall), rapid application development (RAD) and package implementation approaches.Establishes an agreed set of targets, benchmarks and performance measures for IT project delivery aimed at supporting a culture of continuous improvement with respect to project delivery. Develops an initial project plan and baseline, and updates and re-baselines the plan when needed or whenever the project tolerances are exceeded.Facilitates the implementation of an Aurora IT project management office responsible for recording project requests and approvals and tracking and reporting project delivery and benefit achievement.Mentors other project managers in the organization working on non-strategic initiatives, on the IT project management office's defined methodologies and tools. Manages and leads the daily work effort of project teams (10 to 40 staff) in a matrix management environment.Ensures projects have an appropriately defined set of business requirements and that they stay within agreed tolerances with respect to scope and budget raising an alert to senior management as soon as these tolerances are exceeded so that corrective action can be taken. Provides both high level and detailed project estimates and refines these as a project proceeds so that they achieve at least a +-15% tolerance at the end of the design phase.Ensures effective utilization of all project resources, people and equipment, through all phases of the project.Accountable for completing the project on time, within budget, and meeting the defined business objectives. Assists with establishing the project budget and manages all project expenditures within the defined budget.Tracks projects post implementation to ensure that the expected benefits are achieved and reported. Performs project post-implementation analyses to establish lessons learned and ensure that these are incorporated in the overall project management approach.Required Functional ExperienceTypically requires 7 years of experience in project management, with at least five of these being responsible for large complex projects (above $1M) with a proven record of successful project delivery using expertise in the use of modern project management methodologies.Healthcare industry experience is a plusExceptional Excel skills and ITIL knowledgeContact: This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com
- Manages the delivery of the largest and most complex strategic IT projects ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery with the agreed level of functionality.
- Facilitates the implementation of an Aurora IT project management office responsible for recording project requests and approvals and tracking and reporting project delivery and benefit achievement.
- Manages one or more large, highly complex, strategic IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects. Defines project management processes and standards and establishes targets, benchmarks and performance measures for project delivery.
- Drives the organization to world-class project delivery by mentoring the IT group in Project Management practices.
- Adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed. Communicates with senior IT leadership, program/project steering committee and IT Business Consultants to communicate program/project strategy, direction and changes.
- Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the IT project portfolio on time, within budget, while meeting strategic and business requirements.
- Tracks key project milestones and recommends adjustments as needed.
- Partners with senior leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.