Company Overview:Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 95,000 individuals working together to serve more than 31 million customers in 41 states. Watch this video to learn more.The Charter Technical Engineering Center (CTEC) facilities in Englewood, CO oversee the design and architecture of Charter's multi-billion dollar network infrastructure. We investigate, select, develop, and integrate technologies and solutions that meet the needs of the company for short, medium and long term initiatives. This includes the delivery of the technology plan and future architecture for Voice, Video, Data, Optical, Commercial, Cloud, CPE, Network and Access.JOB SUMMARYUnder general supervision, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems basic to moderate complexity. Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of network architecture and designs. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills/Abilities and Knowledge Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional mannerAbility to use personal computer and software applicationsIntermediate Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP, Optical Networking)Ability to work in a team environmentIntermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Fiber (Multimode, Single mode, UTP, etc.), Bridging, Switching, Routing, Ethernet and Transport technologies and protocolsKnowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topologyIntermediate knowledge in using ticketing and software tools to support the current operationsIntermediate Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliancesIntermediate knowledge of network designing software, such as VisioAbility to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quicklyKnowledge of Microsoft OfficeEducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experienceRelated Work Experience / Number of YearsData network experience / 0-2PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Skills /Abilities and Knowledge Knowledge of company products and services EducationCisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)WORKING CONDITIONS Office EnvironmentMay work in Network Lab environment24X7 Network Operations environment. Depending on business group, on-call work may be an essential function of the job.Occasional travel as required ENE308 295307 295307BR Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.The pay for this position has a minimum of $59,300.00. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Participates in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved methods of procedure.
- Monitors protocol compatibility standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of medium to high complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project team lead.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.