Requirements Conditions of Employment
Qualifications You may qualify for the GS-14 grade level, if you possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level performing the following duties: Implementing policies, procedures, and directives related to the protection of Critical Infrastructure. Evaluating critical infrastructure security methods and procedures. Reviewing and interpreting new directives and guidelines concerned with security activities affecting Critical Infrastructure. Serving as a liaison to other organizations on Critical Infrastructure Security matters. NOTE: Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire, the qualification and time-in-grade requirements. Failure to do so will result in an ineligible rating. Time-in-Grade Requirements: Under competitive merit promotion procedures, any individual who is currently holding, or who has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under a non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet "time-in-grade" requirements (have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade of the grade for which you are applying). NOTE: Current and former employees MUST submit a copy of their SF-50 Form which shows competitive service appointment ("position occupied" block 34 on the SF-50 should show a "1"), tenure group (block 24 should show a 1 or 2), grade, and salary. If you are applying for a higher grade, please provide the SF-50 Form which shows the length of time you have been in your current/highest grade (examples of appropriate SF50s include appointment, reassignment, with-in grade/range increases and promotion actions). Please note : Pay adjustments and awards do not include the length of time in your current position, therefore, they are NOT acceptable . If you have promotion potential in your current position, please provide proof. Employees applying with an interchange agreement must provide proof of their permanent appointment. You MUST meet all qualification requirements, including Time-in-Grade, by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification AND time-in-grade claims will be subject to verification. NOTE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information Promotion Potential: The full performance level of this position is GS-14. This is a non-supervisory position. Pursuant to Executive Order 12654 and DHS policy, DHS is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace and, therefore, conducts random and other drug testing of its employees in order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Headquarters personnel in safety- or security-sensitive positions are subject to random drug testing and all applicants tentatively selected for employment at DHS Headquarters are subject to drug testing resulting in a negative test result. Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office. As required by Executive Order 14043 , Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 22, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding with the agency, if after November 22. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement. Due to COVID-19, the component is currently in an expanded telework posture. Therefore, if selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation. This may include a credit check, a review of financial issues, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs.
- Selective Service - males born after 12/31/59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service see http://www.sss.gov/
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test result prior to appointment to this position.
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application.
- DHS uses e-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify , including your rights and responsibilities.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment incentives may be authorized.
- This position has been designated excluded from bargaining unit representation under the national security provision of 5 United States Code Section 7112(B)(6).
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
- This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
- Valid Driver's License.
How You Will Be Evaluated You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above. Applicants will be evaluated on their resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using an Assessment Questionnaire that is based on the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job:
- Opens in a new window Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are best qualified based. Qualifications will be based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided. Candidates who apply under Non-competitive and Special Hiring Authorities procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume, supporting documentation submitted and their responses to the assessment questionnaire. If you are determined qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Preview the Assessment Questionnaire, click https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11269707 Career Transition Assistance Program: This program applies to Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet eligibility criteria for CTAP or ICTAP; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. Well-Qualified includes those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. For information on eligibility criteria and required documentation, go to: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/ For Competitive Merit Promotion and Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency. For Non-competitive Appointment Eligibles: All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency. Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment, the veteran must 1) be a preference eligible; or 2) be a veteran separated after 3 or more years of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions (you must submit a DD214-member copy 4). Interchange Agreement possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility for non-competitive appointment and to understand the required documentation, click on the links below. Veterans Peace Corps / VISTA volunteers , persons with disabilities Interchange Agreement
- Oral Communication
- Technical Competence