Function of Position:
Responsible for oversight of the Waldemar A. Schmidt Art Gallery and Art on Campus collection. This is a part-time position (950 hours per year from June through May) reporting to Professor of Art (Barbara Fedeler).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate public relations for the Art Gallery. (15%)
- Provide educational outreach and programming. (15%)
- Establish exhibition calendar for the gallery. (10%)
- Manage installation of exhibitions in the gallery. (10%)
- Manage the gallery budget. (10%)
- Manage the Art on Campus collection. (10%)
- Designate archival storage procedures. (10%)
- Evaluate the Art on Campus collection and determine parameters. (10%)
- Manage art collection gifts. (5%)
- Oversee a student employee. (5%)
- Other related duties as needed.
Definite objectives are set up for the employee by the supervisor, requiring the use of a wide range of procedures. The employee plans and arranges his/her own work in conjunction with the department.
After successful onboarding is complete, partial remote work is a possibility with the expectation to live within a commutable distance.
Requires knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Art or a related field and one year of effective experience, which may be gained through student employment.
Send a letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, resume, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.