DESCRIPTION Job summaryLooking for a challenge? Enjoy doing different types of development on a growing team? Ready to lead a team of developers? We're seeking a Software Development Manager to join the AWS developer documentation team to help build and improve tools and services used to generate and deliver our documentation. In this role, you will be responsible for website development and operations for the AWS documentation site (https://docs.aws.amazon.com), evolve the internal tools that we use to produce documentation to increase writer productivity while also increasing quality, and provide internal technical support to a team of technical writers and editors. AWS iterates rapidly and delivers new features and new services continuously. You will make sure the documentation teams has the right tools to deliver high quality documentation in a highly agile fashion. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience developing with Java, C#, or other object oriented language.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Previous management or mentoring experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for building efficient/scalable tools and web interfaces
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Degree preferably in computer science or a similar technical discipline
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
- You should be a self-starter and motivated