DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story. Opportunity is here. We are DISH. As an Senior Principal SIM Management Platform Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for deploying automation and best practices for production & non-prod environments including public/private cloud & Edge migration of our mission critical applications from the on-prem and remote data-centers.Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:.
- Work with internal technical teams to identify and build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
- Monitoring, configuration, and infrastructure management for eSIM, SIM-OTA and Device Management platforms.
- Bridge the hardware-software divide by creating infrastructure as code (IaC) which can run on metal, in the cloud, or in a containerized environment. All of which make possible the implementation of Edge and cloud-based application deployment, reliability, resiliency, and observability.
- Coordinate with EUMs on the configuration and delivery of eSIMs and eUICCs.
- Support Device Certification process troubleshooting related to eSIM provisioning and SIM-OTA updates
- Be available to work onsite in the Englewood, CO office
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience - in SIM-OTA, M2M or Consumer eSIM, or Carrier Mobile Device Management.
- Domain expertise in GSMA standards including SGP-02, SGP-03 or TS.43
- Domain expertise in OMA-DM or LWM2M protocols
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Proficiency in one or multiple Programming Languages: Java, C, Python, node js, typescript, etc
- Knowledge of CI/CD & DevSecOps tools: Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, Fortify, Netsparker, white hat, OWASP, Vault, Salt Stack, Terraform, etc
- Experience with Automated testing of applications, Continuous Integration (CI), TDD, and/or BDD
- Knowledge of Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns, web scale and distributed systems
- Experience creating, optimizing, and integrating Application Programming Interface (API) calls; background in API development preferred.