Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineering Manager to join us as part of our P-8 Poseidon Mission Systems team located in Kent, WAThe Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) P-8 Poseidon program is the premier Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) platform for the US Navy and several international partners. Recent contract awards have enabled our team's expansion and growth for the foreseeable future. Our program is anticipated to continue to be a stable program with a solid future. By joining us as the new Software Engineering Manager with the P-8 Poseidon Mission Systems team in Kent, WA, you will have the opportunity to lead a world class team of software developers and testers that will shape the future of P-8 Mission Systems and deliver quality products that get used around the globe.Position Responsibilities
- Leading the team in the full software development lifecycle.
- Providing oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Managing, developing and motivating employees and modeling the Boeing Behaviors.
- Leading the team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- Developing and executing plans in accordance with organizational processes and procedures.
- Developing estimates to support contract proposal activities.
- Interfacing with both internal and external customers such as the US Navy.
- A bachelor of science (or greater) from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering or chemistry or other technical degree
- 5+ years combined software development, integration & test experience and/or mission systems experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role, leading teams or projects to successful completion.
- Experience with agile software development practices, preferably trained in SAFe.
- Knowledgeable with software development environment (SDE) tools and processes.
- Familiarity with Jira.
- 3 or more years' experience in any or all of the following domain areas: architecture, infrastructure, execution environment, simulation, training, communication, weapons, sensors, track management, data fusion, tactical datalinks, operator machine interfaces.