Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing is currently looking for a Senior Product Security Engineer to join the Boeing team in Kent, WA. This position will focus on supporting a proprietary program with activities in several states.A successful candidate will understand the importance of cyber security during all phases of a program and enjoy working closely with the customer to provide a secure system.Primary Responsibilities:
- Product Security Engineer responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify lifecycle balanced information system security solutions.
- Leads a team of Product Security Engineers that will implement cybersecurity features on satellite vehicles and implement RMF processes for embedded computing systems.Evaluates resilient network operations for a satellite system and implements effective crypto keying techniques.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system security requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture. Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design. Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application. Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements.
- Travel (25%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, computer science, information systems or other cyber related degree; ten (10) or more years of directly related experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification.
- Experience with Information Systems Security is required.
- Active U.S. TS/SCI Security Clearance is required pre-start.
- Successful completion of a Counter-Intelligence Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or related technical discipline is highly preferred.