Job Id: 93215 Title: Cloud Architect Location: Remote, Denver, Colorado Duration: 12 Months Description:
- The Cloud Architect is responsible for analyzing cloud technology offerings, with a primary focus on the AWS cloud platform, to design a reliable, secure, high-performing and cost-effective application-hosting environment. This involves determining the best network design for the cloud, setting standards in regards to VPC design and deployment, ensuring appropriate role-based access controls are established, designing deployable instance templates, designing a suitable approach to automated provisioning of instances and apps, and establishing the monitoring and reporting required to ensure the environment is stable, capacity is well managed, and cost reporting is accurate and timely.
- You will be responsible for crafting, publishing, socializing, and overseeing adherence to the standards they establish, and modifying such standards to achieve the strategic goals of OIT and the tactical needs of the applications deployed to the cloud. In addition, they will drive continuous improvement within the CloudOps team, as well as lifecycle management and exploration into evolving cloud-based solutions. You will handle the research, recommendations and day-to-day interactions with vendors that have been partnered with to help meet work unit and organizational objectives.
- Maintain expert knowledge and experience with all aspects of AWS to design and build Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) capabilities on that platform.
- Design and oversee construction/configuration of AWS and automation to allow consumption of services.
- Define and document standards and procedures (SOPs) for consumption of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS (via IaC) on AWS.
- Create design documents/diagrams to show environment topology and data/process flows.
- Monitoring system availability across a multi-vendor technology stack, to be able to maximize availability and rapidly diagnose/resolve issues when they arise.
- Act as Tier-3 escalation point for on-call/break-fix efforts, to diagnose and resolve problems that Cloud Engineers cannot resolve with vendor support.
- A minimum of five (5) years of infrastructure development experience with hands-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies.
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers, and Infrastructure as a code technologies), breadth of technical experience, and technical aptitude to learn and adjust to new technologies and cloud trends required.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments required.
- Experience with automated Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible, or similar.
- Scripting skills in Python, Bash, and PowerShell
- Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner and Systems Operator certification