Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.We are seeking a highly motivated Mid-Level Software Engineers with a passion for exploring / exploiting cutting edge technologies in support of National goals to join the team in Kent, WA.This includes incrementally progressing promising concepts into operations through an Amazon Web Services cloud based dev/sec/ops environment. This individual will work on unusually complex technical problems and provide novel solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious within the Boeing Space & Launch division for mission / ground systems.Specific areas of focus include Signal Processing & algorithm development to develop new techniques, and apply them to the challenge of improving automatic target identification and custody control across multiple spectrums.Position Responsibilities:
- Assist with continuous development / continuous integration for developing and sustaining new and existing applications within an Agile development team
- Contribute to the creation of new distributed components and interactions that align with the future system architecture along with the required DevOps. The existing multi-tiered system is developed on a cloud infrastructure with several consumer-facing web applications.
- Provide hands-on development, primarily in the areas of: 1) Software architecture concepts, primarily cloud-based solutions; 2) Cloud-based service models, such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS); and 3) Cutting edge cloud-native data analytics tools and solutions.
- Develop automated unit and end-to-end test scripts
- Lead and conduct design and code review sessions
- Conduct research and development and ensure successful deployment of emerging new technologies
- Experience with microservice architecture; including designing, developing and implementing scalable, elastic microservices
- Experience using DevOps/CI-CD and supporting tools such as TFS, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory, Git
- Experience developing software products in a cloud computing environment, preferably with Amazon AWS
- Working knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with configuring, running, and maintaining Amazon Web Services including IAM, EC2, VPC , and Lambda. Experience building, deploying, scaling, and maintaining applications on Kubernetes. Linux system administration experience.
- AWS certifications as well (AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or AWS Certified Developer).