Location: Rochester, NY Description: Our client is currently seeking a Database Application Developer who will be responsible for enhancing existing databases and applications as well as developing new solutions to model business processes and provide accuracy and efficiency to the stakeholders. This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and perform complicated ETL's on large datasets.
- Design stable, reliable and effective solutions.
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems.
- Perform modifications of existing databases according to requirements.
- Solve application malfunctions.
- Improve applications and establish best practices.
- Gather user requirements and design new features.
- Provide data management support to users.
- Support business intelligence and analytics.
- Ensure all database programs meet business and performance requirements.
- Research and suggest new solution products, services and protocols.
- Expert level SQL skills, with the ability to write accurate and functional SQL statements on demand.
- Expert understanding of data modeling and database normalization.
- Expert level MS SQL Server database developer skills.
- Experience implementing 3rd party software solutions.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful or SOAP API's for web services
- P6 EPPM (or similar).
- Oracle database developer skills preferred.
- Proven experience as a solutions developer.
- Experience with enterprise level multi-user MS Access application development preferred.
- Experience with software development and user interface applications.
- An ability to understand front-end user's requirements and a problem-solving attitude.