Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle. Optimal Blue, now part of the Black Knight family, is a leading provider of secondary market solutions and actionable data services, which enables Black Knight to deliver even more innovative and integrated solutions to transform the mortgage and secondary market industries.JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION Develops core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in the design changes to equipment and/or software. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaboratively designs and builds customer facing software products delivered in Azure
- Writes code, completes programming tasks and performs testing and debugging of applications using .NET, Angular, SQL and other current programming languages and technologies
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements, contribution architecture and design guidance to move junior team members and the team at large.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Must love to write code, and be motivated and excited by technical challenges
- Must be proficient in Microsoft stack (C#, .NET Core, SQL, Web API)
- Nice to have proficiency on Cloud technologies specifically Azure outside of just DevOps
- Must have front-end experience using Angular or React
- Working experience in DevOps environment building production quality cloud products in a large enterprise is a plus
- In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques and including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases etc.
- Knowledge of mortgage and/or financial services industry preferred
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (e.g., agile, waterfall and/or other modern approaches to software development)
- Excellent analytical, design-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach