Department SummaryAbout DISH:At DISH, our technology teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow.DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic, and transformative needs of the changing world.Are you looking to grow your career as a Technical Product Manager in the Denver area, working with a company that constantly disrupts their industry? As part of our team, you will get to deliver creative solutions for our new Wireless venture! Opportunity is here. We are DISH. Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Technical Product Manager will work with business partners and domain Product Owners to establish the hierarchy of IT initiatives and features required for cross-functional development teams, including descriptions and acceptance criteria. This Technical Product Manager and their team will be responsible for all intake management, portfolio management, and program oversight with a consistent focus on value capture and realization. The Portfolio must be well connected to the Enterprise strategy and planned to meet critical milestones. Product Owners for each domain are responsible for developing the user stories required for their domain. In large complex programs such as 5G MNO Wireless, however, refining and splitting capabilities into features and managing the non-functional requirements must be done in the context of the end-to-end Enterprise Architecture and all of its associated documented flows. This process is to ensure we build an end-to-end solution. The Technical Product Manager team will work with all Product Owners to determine impacted teams, establish the relevant dependencies, and document those in Rally. The cross-domain team deliverables require comprehensive planning for all dependencies and are essential to building an end-to-end solution. To be successful in this role, you must be innovative, strategic, customer-focused, and detail-oriented. (local to Denver candidates)Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience and RequirementsQualifications:
- Work with business partners and domain Product Owners to write IT initiatives and features for cross-functional development teams, including value statement, acceptance criteria, size, and cross-domain dependencies.
- Be responsible and accountable for cross-team deliverables leveraging all domains.
- Ensure all domain feature backlogs, including refinement, prioritization, and execution through multi-team iteration activities, are completed to consider end-to-end business solutions.
- Use agile tools such as Rally or Jira to estimate and prioritize features.
- Identify product and cross-domain dependencies and negotiate their prioritization and mitigation between teams. Documentation of all dependencies should be in Rally.
- Manage and prioritize features and related items, including non-functional requirements and defects that involve cross-functional teams.
- Build alignment to the team vision throughout the organization using presentations and roadmaps and align the roadmap to strategic initiatives and metrics in collaboration with internal business partners.
#LI-CH2#DICE#DICECHO Salary RangeCompensation: $100,100.00/Year - $145,000.00/Year BenefitsFrom versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
- Bachelor's degree in IT related field or equivalent experience
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Displays strong initiative for anticipating and meeting business needs and demands, understand technical concepts and evaluate new ideas
- Thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment
- High level of intellectual curiosity, and a focus on taking ownership
- Ability to pivot between the strategic 30,000 ft-view and tactical activity levels daily, focusing on the high level and feature details simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and collaboration skills