Address: USA-IL-Chicago-300 South Riverside Plaza Store Code: Customer Facing Retail and Fue (2761211) Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.For more information, visit https:// www.retailbusinessservices.com . Job Description:
- Manages technical direction and solutions architecture of various retail solutions.
- Technical leadership of multiple vendors and in some cases teams of software engineers and system analysts.
- Technical development sequencing of projects using agile and waterfall frameworks based on financial and strategic justifications in close cooperation with business and IT stakeholders
- Coordinates with technical leads, developers, architects, solutions engineers, project managers, vendors and Business Relationship Managers to develop and design technical solutions that meet business objectives.
- Facilitates solution architecture and integrated planning sessions across domains
- Updates and maintain the integrated portfolio roadmap based on latest changes on project and program level
- Identification of direct and indirect dependencies
- Communication of a multi-layered technical sequencing and plans
- Study, analyze, and define the impact of business needs on the system components and solution architecture and its interfaces to provide maximum benefits from each system and drive Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), while limiting/eliminating technical debt.
- Mentor team members
- 7+ years' experience working in a technical role
- 3 or more years progressive responsibility in technical engineering/solution architecture
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate using strong verbal, written and listening skills
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies.
- Master's degree a plus
- Retail Technology Experience preferred
- Point of sale and fuel experience a plus
- Experience Microsoft Azure, is a plus
- Experience with Linux is a plus
- Knowledge of networking including network interface configuration, protocols and SSL/TLS certificate