Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Boeing has an opening for an experienced Optical/Infrared Technology Engineer/Physicist (Level 3) in Puget Sound in support of multiple Phantom Works programs. The position provides an opportunity work with an experienced, interdisciplinary team to create innovative solutions to meet unique and challenging requirements. The team takes ideas and concepts from the drawing board, through analysis and trades, into prototypes and finally producing flight hardware. The Engineer/Physicist will be responsible for supporting design development and optimization, including modeling, analysis, measurement, testing, and verification of platform systems and subsystems for military defense hardware to meet customer requirements and objectives. This position requires a background in general physics, with a good understanding of optics and electromagnetics, laboratory skills and familiarity with optical or infrared measurement equipment, sound technical judgment, and the ability to rapidly make and contribute to decisions that balance the overall architecture design. This position requires strong collaboration skills to work with an interdisciplinary team to create balanced platforms and architectures that meet customer requirements. This position will require strong organizational skills and adaptability to work in a fast-paced and continually changing environment. This position requires flexibility to develop analysis plans that incorporate COTS tools, government furnished tools, or individually developed tools to provide to provide rapid and insightful results.This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location. This position is located in Tukwila WA.Position Responsibilities:
- Support design development and optimization of systems and subsystems.
- Utilize analytical modeling and methods to evaluation performance, inform trades and designs, and support verification of requirements.
- Analyze ability of platform design to meet operational constraints.
- Measure performance of materials and subsystems in the laboratory to support design development.
- Test/verify performance of completed systems/subsystems in the laboratory and in the field.
- Support Systems Engineering in deriving performance requirements and constraints of the platform and architecture.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Physics, Optics, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years or more of experience in optical and infrared systems design on military or space platforms.
- Experience with aerospace optical and infrared systems.
- Experience with the design, modeling, analysis, test and verification of optical and infrared systems.
- Experience in materials and subsystem laboratory or field measurements.
- Experience and familiarity using physics simulation software to model platforms and subsystems.
- Experience utilizing scripting languages (e.g. python, perl, etc.) and programing languages and analysis environments (e.g. C, MATLAB, etc.) to post-process and analyze modeled or measured data.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation software (e.g. LabVIEW, etc.)
- Active TS/SCI clearance.