- Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Current licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- If performing moderate/procedural sedation must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) within 6 months of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum one year RN experience preferred.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds and ability to push, pull, and navigate supply carts weighing > than 75 pounds periodically.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.