This position is to work 3 - 12 hour shifts, 7pm - 7:30am, withweekend and holiday rotation locatedin the Hospice Care Center in Fairlawn, OH.
- Performs accurate and complete admission assessments and reassessments within specified time frame.
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Assesses and documents patient’s pain using appropriate pain scale and manages patient’s pain.
- Prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed needs/problems in collaboration with patient, family and health care team.
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other disciplines to promote wellness and facilitate the discharge planning process.
- Delegates appropriate components of the care plan to other members of the disciplinary team.
- Provides supervision, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice patients in accordance with agency policies and procedures and the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.
- Administers medication and treatments safely and accurately with a focus on patient comfort.
- Coordinates care for managing a caseload of patients.
- Documents changes in patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care/interventions.
- Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate achievement of expected outcomes.
- Assesses educational needs of patients, care givers and family considering cultural issues and other special challenges.
- Provides teaching and educational material to the patient and/or significant other concerning the following topics when applicable: diagnosis, diagnostic tests and procedures, safe and proper use of equipment, reason for and safe use of medication food/drug interactions, injury prevention, self-care and nutritional needs.
- Serves as a preceptor for new nursing staff and provides observation visits as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- For Hospice field staff only, Valid State Driver’s License required; per policy 8-175 thereafter
- For Hospice field staff only, Proof of automobile insurance with $100,000/$300,000 coverage required; per policy 8-175 thereafter
- Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse certification preferred.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum two years critical care and/or medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Previous Hospice and/or oncology experience preferred
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting packages, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Heavy work – Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.