Staring Pay: $17.30/hr
TheCommunity Support Coordinator is responsible for providing and coordinating community living supports to individuals with disabilities. These living supports include, but are not limited to: assisting individuals in making a home for themselves; assisting individuals in making choices; assuring that the home is a clean, safe living environment for individuals; assisting individuals in maintaining good health; and other specific supports, as described in Individualized Service/ Support Plans or as instructed by the Program Director.
In addition, theCommunity Support Coordinator coordinates; routine household activities, individual services and supports, communication and follow through related to specific administrative and personnel matters.
TheCommunity Support Coordinator is responsible for working cooperatively with the Program Director and other staff in developing, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of community living supports provided to individuals with developmental disabilities.
TheCommunity Support Coordinator will be expected to contact the Program Director regarding any program or personnel issues within the home. S/he should also contact the Program Director regarding emergency household, medical, or maintenance needs in the home.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is required.
- At least one (1) year ofexperience providing community supports to people with developmental disabilities, or in a related human service area
- Experience in medication administration preferred
Community Support Coordinators must have all of the following qualities:
- Ability to act as a role model for other staff,
- Sincere desire to provide individualized supports to individuals with developmental challenges;
- Ability to make sound judgments when given guidance and priorities
- Ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality in programming
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members
- When required, physical ability to lift/transfer those individuals
We have oneopeningin the Naugatuck area:
- Full Time ScheduleSunday - Thursday (Windsor):
- SUN: 7a-3p
- MON: 2p-11p
- TUE: 3p-11p
- WED: 3p-11p
- THUR: 8a-3p (ADMIN)
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer