The Sr. Supply Planner is responsible for the planning of finished goods from BIC’s co-packing facilities and/or third-party suppliers while maintaining service levels, optimizing capacity, inventory, and costs. This key position ensures that product is available in the quantity and time needed to support customer demand while working cross functionally with other category squad members.Main Responsibilities:
- Executes BIC’s supply planning processes by utilizing the JDA and JDE planning platforms.
- Active resource planning for 800+ SKUs.
- Generates the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Creates a monthly capacity analysis and communicates results to manufacturing and planning management team members. Manages short- and long-term capacity issues and has an active role in planning solutions to production constraints.
- Reviewing and planning of intercompany orders for Canada and Oceania.
- Maintains master planning parameters in JDA or JDE to meet company objectives.
- Provides a viable, executable plan and monitors schedule attainment with manufacturing supervision for BIC facilities.
- Communicates supply issues as well as quantity and date of re-supply on daily back-order report.
- Ensures product availability by managing priorities to avoid backorders.
- Leads supply planning process for Back-to-School season, including custom items and new item creation.
- Reviews and evaluates the forecast and compare against capacity constraints.
- Provides planning support with the preparation of long-range capacity analysis in support of the Annual Budget process.
- Leads and/or participates on project teams.
- Coordinates and optimizes capacity planning between co-packing facilities in multiple countries.
- Item transition management, including forecast adjustments and billing ID maintenance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years in production inventory control, manufacturing and capacity analysis in a high-volume consumer products company
- 2+ years in cross functional supply chain teams; including but not limited to, customer service, logistics, etc.
- Experience with Supply Chain planning systems (JDE, JDA, etc)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft suite products, ability to create pivots, formulas and analyze data in excel
- Knowledge in PowerBI a plus
- Demonstrated ability to execute and measure the results of a planning process
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills across all levels within cross-functional teams
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with cross functional team members
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.