- Performs case pull functions.
- Determines appropriate case carts to be built for specialty procedures.
- Builds case carts ensuring adherence to procedures.
- Dispatches case carts to ensure they are available to surgical/clinical procedures.
- Performs record keeping functions, e.g. processing, sterilization, quality assurance, etc.
- Performs ordering, stocking and inventory control functions.
- Maintains adequate levels, inventories, and orders supplies; stock supplies.
- Participates in in-service education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Sterile Processing Distribution certification(CRCST) by IAHCSMM or CBSPD required.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Prefer one year experience in central service/sterile processing areas and successful completion of recognized training program with certification in central service/sterile processing.
- Lifts and carries items weighing up to 25 pounds and ability to push, pull and navigate supply carts weighing >than 75 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.