Sign On Bonus - $600.00
PARTTime, Entry Level - GREAT way to get hands on experience! Plenty of opportunities for growth within!
Location: ONSITE at a Medical Facility in Mason City, IA
Hours: Friday - Sunday 10:00am - 6:30pm
Due to the nature of this position and healthcare setting, up to date immunizations, including COVID, are required.
We are a leading provider of transformational outsourcing solutions and services spanning the customer lifecycle across the Healthcare industry.
At Firstsource Solutions USA, LLC, our employees are there for the moments that matter for customers as they navigate some of the biggest, most challenging, nerve-racking, and rewarding decisions of their lives.
Dealing with healthcare challenges is hard enough but the added burden of not knowing how much that care will cost or having a means to pay for it often creates additional stress and anxiety. It’s times like these when our teams are there to help guide these patients and their families through the complex eligibility and payment process.
At Firstsource Solutions USA, LLC., we take the burden away from the patient and their family allowing them to focus on their health when they need to most. Afterwards, we work with patients to identify insurance eligibility, help them navigate their financial responsibilities and introduce ways to achieve financial well-being through payment arrangement options.
Our Firstsource Solutions USA, LLC teams are with patients all the way, providing support and assistance all the while seeing first-hand the positive impact of their work through the emotions of relief and joy of the patients.
Join our team and make a difference!
The Patient Financial Advocate is responsible to screen patients on-site at hospitals for eligibility assistance programs either bedside or in the ER. This includes providing information and reports to client contact(s), keeping them current on our progress.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the hospital census or utilize established referral method to identify self-pay patients consistently throughout the day.
- Screen those patients that are referred to Firstsource for State, County and/or Federal eligibility assistance programs.
- Initiate the application process bedside when possible.
- Identifies specific patient needs and assist them with an enrollment application to the appropriate agency for assistance.
- Introduces the patients to Firstsource services and informs them that we will be contacting them on a regular basis about their progress.
- Provides transition, as applicable, for the backend Patient Advocate Specialist to develop a positive relationship with the patient.
- Records all patient information on the designated in-house screening sheet.
- Document the results of the screening in the onsite tracking tool and hospital computer system.
- Identifies out-patient/ER accounts from the census or applicable referral method that are designated as self-pay.
- Reviews system for available information for each outpatient account identified as self-pay.
- Face to face screen patients on site as able. Attempts to reach patient by telephone if unable to screen face to face.
- Document out-patient/ER accounts when accepted in the hospital system and on-site tracking tool.
- Outside field work as required to include Patient home visits to screen for eligibility of State, County, and Federal programs.
- Other Duties as assigned or required by client contract
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the hospital staff of all levels and departments.
- Report any important occurrences to management as soon as possible (dramatic change in the number or type of referrals, etc.)
- Access information for the Patient Advocate Specialist as needed (discharge dates, balances, itemized statements, medical records, etc.).
- Keep an accurate log of accounts referred each day.
- Meet specified goals and objectives as assigned by management on a regular basis.
- Maintain confidentiality of account information at all times.
- Maintain a neat and orderly workstation.
- Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience of medical coding, medical billing, eligibility (hospital or government) or other pertinent medical experience is preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must be able to walk, sit, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Dress code and other policies may be different at each healthcare facility.
- Working on holidays or odd hours may be required at times.
Benefits including but not limited to: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off.
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on age (40 & over), race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class in accordance with applicable laws.
Firstsource Solutions USA, LLC.