MKTG Sports + Entertainment has anexciting opportunity for a qualified individual to join our team as an Associate on our Sponsorship Consulting team.This position will report directly to the VP of Entertainment and Talent Partnerships. The individualwill work with integrated teams, including overseeing junior team members in some cases, and will have exposure and mentorship opportunities with other Senior Leadership team members across departments, and some of our most exciting accounts!
This position will have the opportunity to touch a variety of projects, top tier clients, and types of sponsorships across sports and entertainment, both traditional activation and digital. Every day at MKTG is different; we embrace teamwork and have a great time together creating work we are proud of in a positive company culture. Not only will this person help create the work, but seeing their work come to life in the marketplace is one of the most fulfilling and exciting pieces of this role and our agency structure.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working alongside senior account team to help develop and implement strategic marketing campaigns for clients to build and maintain best-in-class marketing partnerships
- Representing the company by interacting directly with clients as needed to develop and maintain project plans and campaigns, ensuring ongoing client satisfaction and collaboration
- Collaboratingwith senior account team to execute official partnerships/relationships, selecting the best available assets available to client
- Representing clients and the company with properties, rights holders, partners in the marketing space and others as needed to help build and maintain best in class marketing partnerships
- Contributingto the strategic planning process with clients to ensure talent relationships and contracts are professionally managed/executed
- Supporting the development and assist in the implementation of marketing campaigns (Social, Digital and Traditional)
- Assisting in the planning and execution of marketing campaigns and events, including identifying contractors, supporting negotiation of contracts, and organizing personnel
- Helping to plan and reconcile project budgets to effectively manage costs
- Frequent travel is required, including weekends and occasional holidays
To be successful, this person must thrive working in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working regularly in groups, and have experience picking up and leading a project from ideation and presenting, to leading elements of execution with your team. Someone who is entrenched in culture and the entertainment space, is proactive and idea driven, is a strong preference.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding ofthe current sports and entertainment industry landscape, including but not limited to, a commensurate knowledge of the major properties, key stakeholders and important trends shaping the industry
- Strong understanding of the social & digital landscape, including but not limited to audience insights, trends, and analytics/reporting
- Transitions smoothly from task to task from one fast paced environment to another
- Engages in good decision-making and maintains composure under pressure
- Has proven ability to be strategic, creative and solution-oriented
- Has ability to effectively share/present ideas and concepts in a team environment and demonstrates openness to giving/accepting thoughtful constructive feedback
- Recognizes and appreciates different work styles and has capacity to adjust as needed to work respectfully and effectively with staff, clients, peers, and vendors
- Proactive and productive – recognizing opportunity and implementing procedures to achieve better job efficiencies
- Strives to increase industry knowledge, able to self-educate in an effort to be ahead of the curve
- A strong sense of ownership - ensures goals are met and high-level standards are upheld
- Uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information
- Engages in internal activities (team building, events, off sites, training etc.) and embraces our internal cultural evolution
- Prior agency and/or OEM experience is a plus
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.