About the Role:
As part of a team, you are the front-line contact for most bank customers. While providing customer care in both lobby and drive-up, you will actively engage the customers and satisfy their needs while processing standard banking transactions. You will follow through with customer issues that may arise and refer customers to other departments when appropriate. You will play an active role in self development by being aware of your performance and actively requesting support or training as needed. In addition, you will ensure compliance with regulations and audit standards as they relate to job responsibilities. The assigned work hours may vary and will include some weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and retain customer relationships by actively listening and assisting customers with their requests. Responsible for each transaction by paying attention to detail and using a defined process to ensure each customer is satisfied with accuracy and speed. Receives and accurately processes customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cashier's checks, etc. Maintains accurate daily logs for audit purposes (i.e. night drop, mail, OFAC, etc.) Protects First Bank and its customers from counterfeit and fraudulent activity by staying current on fraud warnings and initiating discussion with customers regarding specific transactions to prevent potential losses to customers and/or First Bank of Wyoming.
- Responsible for safeguarding assigned cash/currency by adhering to all company policies and procedures regarding cash handling, cash variations, Opening/Closing procedures and dual-control processing. Balances cash drawer and daily transactions in accordance with the accuracy standards as defined by Management. Maintains drawer limits. Accountable for handling all cash as defined by procedure and processing overages/shortages according to the Cash Variation Policy. Responsible for keeping all information related to our customers private and confidential.
- Welcomes internal and external customers in a friendly and timely manner. Provides extraordinary customer service according to the Quality Service Standards and My Service Pledge. Smile, acknowledge customer with eye contact and greeting within 5 seconds, referring to customers by name, etc. Escorts external customers to appropriate departments for specific information and services.
- Create and maintain a clean, neat, pleasant work environment. Keeps a professional appearance in accordance with the dress code. Maintains a positive attitude. Displays courteous and respectful behavior towards customers and co-workers. Exercises some judgment with moderate supervision.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
- High school degree or GED required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to stand for long periods of time, walk, reach, climb/descend stairs in an emergency situation. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day and work extended hours whenever required by management.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Light work. The employee is constantly required to stand and walk. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.What We Offer:
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.