Responsible for the efficient, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of Guest’s vehicles, the Automotive Technician position is a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive Technician training program, covering all aspects of your new role, while preparing you for the next. As an Automotive Technician for Monro, you will be an essential team member, performing repair services on Guest vehicles. More importantly, you will be part of a team working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your Technician skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.Responsibilities
- Perform brakes, suspension, tire installation, scheduled maintenance, and all manner of automotive repairs and maintenance, that you are qualified to perform
- Secure our guests approval to perform the work as a result of the diagnosis; and always maintain a clean, neat work area
- Complete thorough automotive vehicle inspections on every vehicle you service and perform any repairs and maintenance
- Test drive guest vehicles and use our shop truck in a safe manner to pick up inventory as needed
- Collaborate with teammates and provide leadership to General Service Technicians
- High school or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years of automotive technician experience
- Valid Driver License
- Own a basic set of automotive tools or participate in tool purchase program.
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
- Guest and team focused mindset
- Have and maintain an Automotive Technician State Inspector’s license, where applicable.
- ASE automotive certification in at least one of A1-A8
- Automotive Technician State Inspector License
- Automotive technical school certificate/degree
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!Growth Opportunity:
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Service Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard torace, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.