The Inspections Department Coordinator is responsible for many administrative roles. This position supports the technicians in the filed as well as communicating with all customers with-regard-to services performed, contracts, billing, maintaining inspections documentation and all other work as assigned. This role will work closely with the Inspections Department Manager, and all other staff to ensure inspections related work is organized, and meeting deadlines. Ultimately, the Inspections Department Coordinator ensures the highest level of customer service.Essential Functions:
- Provide general administrative and clerical support
- Is the first point of contact for Inspections customers
- Act as liaison between Inspections customers and other Departments to ensure customer requests are met. (Sales requests, and other, etc.)
- Perform data collection, analysis and report to Manager for decision making purposes
- Assist in coordinating and organizing departmental related special events
- Respond to work requests from department staff in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in preparing and maintaining departmental materials, and departmental files
- Coordinate and set up on-call schedules / holiday / and or vacation schedules for technicians
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Serves as back-up to other inspections department staff
- Provide support as needed to all Wayman employees and Managers as needed
- Adhere to company policies and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening skills
- Detail oriented, focused and a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with computers for a variety of tasks
- Confident using Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively
- Ability to maintain successful relationship with customers and team members
- Knowledge of Spectrum Construction software considered a plus
- Prior experience in Life Safety Industry (1-3 years), preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in a Customer Service role (2-5 years) preferred
- Prior experience in an administrative role supporting multiple people (2-5 years) preferred
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong collaboration and team work skills
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s degree in related experience preferred but not required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or with or without notice.
Wayman provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or the presence of handicaps or disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.