The Account Executive, Merchant Sales – North America, is responsible for developing and executing sales and business development strategies to expand access and increase acceptance of Visa card products in North America to targeted merchant segments, payment facilitators, and third parties. This role requires leadership, vision, curiosity, and creativity to further develop the strategy and tactics to accelerate new acceptance and sell Visa solutions to key payment enablers.This role will work closely with senior executives and payment professionals at our partners, and internally across functions to gain support for the execution of the strategy required to grow our business.
You will be expected to achieve annual revenue, payment volume, and new acceptance location goals, along with value-added services sales.
Execute customized account and segment plans to increase sales volume and expand Visa acceptance in the Transit segment
Build new sales and revenue generating opportunities and manage from initial prospecting through to close
Manage existing merchant and partner relationships with an emphasis on growing/accelerating new acceptance and selling in relevant Visa products and services
Prepare proposals and negotiate contractual relationships with payment enablers (processors, payment facilitators, ISV’s, etc.)
Become and establish yourself as the Visa subject matter expert for designated segment(s)
Foster productive relationships at various levels with the client and throughout the Visa organization
Develop an intimate understanding of the customers’ business, including payment strategies across all platforms
Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects and initiatives as assigned, specifically to increase Visa’s support for designated segment(s)
Provide consistent and accurate sales management reporting
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years of business experience (8+ with an advanced degree) with 3+ years in sales, business development and/or relationship management?
- Digital payments experience in a business development and/or sales role is preferred
- Familiarity with the card transaction process and new payment technologies
- Experience selling to senior executives at Merchants and Processors
- Internal and external collaboration skill set
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office software applications
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Proven track record of planning, managing and closing complex, competitive sales opportunities
Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10% of the time.Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.