Job DescriptionPrimary Purpose of Role:
The Devices Product Management team is part of the wider Product Management team department under the CPM division. The candidate will manage the product development through all stages from concept through market introduction to bring key value to our customers and maintain Inmarsat’s competitive advantage. In this role, you will work closely with the US and Global Government Business Units, the Product Management team, key internal stakeholders and our industry wide network of value added partners to bring innovation solutions to our customers.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical skills; a big-picture vision combined with a love of technology, a willingness to work hands-on with a flexible attitude, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must demonstrate a track record of working with globally distributed multi-disciplined teams and meeting established program milestones. Preference will be given to candidates with in-depth experience in mobile Ka-band satellite network technologies such as Inmarsat Global Xpress, as well as experience delivering network and platform solutions to the Government Market.Key Responsibilities:
This role will support strategic roadmap planning, assess the technical and market feasibility of product concepts to gain investment approval and take responsibility for planning and execution of development projects to meet critical delivery timelines. In this role you will ensure the end-to-end performance meets the Government business unit and its customer’s requirements and is ready for commercial launch along with serving as subject matter expert during in-life phases.
- Interface with Suppliers, Product Managers, Engineering, Operations, Business Development/Sales and customers to identify product and service requirements.
- Develop technical proposals for new investment approvals, budgets and source selection. Provide the NRE and on-going cost input for the business case.
- Work closely with Government Business Unit and Engineering to define product scope, detailed requirements, cost estimates, milestones, design and test plan.
- Generate subcontract SOWs and support creation of product development agreements.
- Lead the cross-functional development involving Engineering, Operations, Customer Services, and Business Units.
- Work with satellite terminal manufacturers for implementation of services on terminals to agree on the design and ensure that the solution can meet type approval requirements.
- Create Product and Service test plans and lead test campaigns to ensure key performance parameters are met and the solution meets service and network readiness criteria.
- Accountable to find out what the best hardware solution is to meet Inmarsat’s hardware development opportunities as defined by the government product strategy
- Develop, define, document and manage Government terminal products and services requirements throughout the different gates of the delivery process;
- Ownership of the devices product and services strategy alignment between Government BU’s. Provide the hardware strategy inputs to the product strategy team and ensure alignment.
- Provide support to the Government BU’s for market messaging, collateral materials, bids and proposal/tender responses to commercial opportunities;
- Responsible for managing CTO, COO and VAM’s throughout the delivery process to launch Government terminals;
- Lead test campaigns for delivering products and services;
- Define the schedule for Government product/service development and roll-out activities, identifying dependencies and ensuring timely roll-out to meet business goals;
- Responsible for the development of Commercial Service Introduction (CSI) documentation describing all aspects such as capabilities, features, operational processes, roadmaps, billing, and supply chain;
- Product in-life cycle management including Product/Service improvements to meet network evolution
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant technical discipline. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of SATCOM technologies relevant to Inmarsat’s markets and broad industry knowledge and experience.
- Hands-on set up and configuration of satellite terminals and associated network peripherals.
- Technical background and experience delivering solutions to the Government market.
- Experience with planning and managing complex development programs.
- Demonstrable effective project leadership and successful delivery and rollout of products and services meeting/exceeding technical and financial performance objectives.
- Experience with the processes for specification, selection, procurement, certification and rollout of managed communications solutions.
- Excellent spoken and written communication in the English language, as well as the ability to raise action points with clarity and confidence in the presence of senior management.
- Demonstrated technical writing ability in the English language and delivery of high quality work product and presentations suitable for external technical and marketing communications.
- Ability to engage, challenge and debate technical solutions with Subject Matter Experts, both internal and external.
- Significant experience in telecommunications/wireless or associated technologies with demonstrable achievements in product development.
- Ability to access International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR)-controlled information in compliance with US export control requirements.
- Product Management background with experience managing multiple products from concept stage through to end-of-life.
- Technical program management background with PMP certification and experience.
- Proven ability to lead a team who capture market requirements and develop a relevant portfolio of products, services and applications.
- Strong presentation skills including at the corporate executive level and at industry events
- Strong drive and passion with a high degree of integrity. Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries, act upon convictions, have a problem solving mind set and initiative to drive actions to closure.
- Strong communication style and ability to use all technologies to ensure clear communications. Highly proficient in Microsoft specifically Project, Excel and Visio.Capable of producing, well-articulated and engaging written work.
- Ability to matrix-manage and work in collaboration with a diverse set of colleagues across the Government business units and across CTO.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.Inmarsat Values:
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do