Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, Europe, MENA, and Asia that represents clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, and transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-facing matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to pro bono service and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
For the health and safety of the workforce,Crowell & Moring LLP is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully-vaccinated and—if eligible—boosted against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment. Prospective employees who are fully-vaccinated but not yet eligible for a booster shot will be required to obtain a booster within one week of eligibility as a condition of continued employment.“Crowell & Moring LLP is an equal opportunity employer. Crowell & Moring LLP will engage in the interactive process with candidates who are unable to be vaccinated and/or boosted due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Crowell & Moring is able to offer.”Job Summary
The Senior Business Development (BD) Coordinator works closely with and supportsthe Intellectual Property (IP)practice and related working groups on all business development initiatives. The Senior Coordinator reports to the Business Development Manager and will work closely with other members of the Marketing & Branding, Communications and Client Development teams.Job Responsibilities
· Works with the Director of Business Development and Business Development Manager to contribute to and assist in the development and execution of strategic plans to drive business development.
· Drafts responses to pitches and proposals.
· Drafts, edits, and submits ranking submissions (e.g. Chambers, Law360).
· Plays a key role in the development of group website content and marketing collateral.
· Plans and ensures the successful execution of client development events, such as seminars and webinars.
· Contributes ideas to increase brand awareness and profile, including driving outward facing activities such as sponsored events, in-house presentations, professional speaking opportunities, articles, and media interviews.
· Supports attorneys with client alerts, blogs, podcasts, and newsletters.
· Initiates and analyzes client, market, competitor, and industry research to inform business development strategies.
· Works in collaboration with practice group leadership and the Business Development Manager/Director. Develops agendas for meetings and prepares and circulates meeting summaries. Helps to identify and execute on concrete actions discussed during meetings.
· Maintains group intranet site and repository of relevant business development information.
· Enters practice group data into various knowledge management systems, including business development tracker, experience manager, and InterAction, the firm’s CRM.
· Assists with firm-wide and group special projects, as needed.
· Manages and tracks business development budgets.
· Supports the Director of Business Development and Business Development Manager with lateral integration.
EducationThe position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Equivalent training and experience may substitute for education.
ExperienceThe position requires a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of increasingly responsible and related experience. Direct experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic knowledge of and familiarity with legal and business environments. Ability to work effectively both independently and with others in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts. Sound judgment with respect to confidential and sensitive information and persuasion in gaining the cooperation of others. Ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet deadlines and daily requirements. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with attorneys, staff, and vendors. Ability to quickly learn and utilize technology tools and resources.
Crowell & Moring LLP offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package which includes progressive options such as back up child care, wellness programs, cultural events and social activities. We take great pride in our positive, friendly culture that rewards hard work and success, at the same time recognizing the importance of family and community service.At this time, and for the foreseeable future, this is a hybrid role with time split between work-from-home and being in the office.
EOE m/f/d/vCrowell & Moring LLP participates in the E-Verify program.