ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description and Responsibilities
This role is highly strategic in that it is responsible for identifying and responding to key topics that are impactful for ServiceNow, and by advocating for our interests, this person can help shape significant outcomes for ServiceNow The role reports to the Vice President of Global Government Relations. The Government Relations Team leads policy development, proactive policymaking by creating extensive pipelines for our sales teams, and reactive policymaking to respond to policy and political changes. Other responsibilities include:
· Coordinate with ServiceNow sales teams and consultants at the U.S. State and Local level to expand ServiceNow’s footprint.
· Work with VP Global Government Relations to set a U.S. State and Local strategy, including identifying and agreeing key public policy priorities and activities to advance those priorities.
· Represent ServiceNow’s interests on a wide range of public policy issues, including cybersecurity, privacy, infrastructure, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Antitrust/Competition, Digital Inclusion, and others.
· Take the lead in drafting and filing comments, testimony, letters to U.S. State and Local government entities on public policy issues and build relevant strategic partnerships both internally and externally to increase accuracy, amplification, and impact.
· Developing briefs, advisories, and one-pagers content for ServiceNow executives U.S. State and Local policy developments and key officials.
· Manage relationships with external groups, including trade associations, civil society, nonprofit organizations, and cybersecurity experts.
· Build networks and coalitions of organizations and experts to advance policy priorities
· Work with in-house teams to provide counsel, strategic advice, and business guidance on U.S. State and Local political and public policy matters.
· Identify relevant opportunities for ServiceNow to participate in external activities that align with our Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging as well as our Global Impact goals
· 10+ years' experience of public policy engagement or government affairs (this could be in government, nonprofits, or the private sector)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Government, Political Science, or other relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred
· Extensive knowledge of the issues and focus areas amongst U.S. State and Local Officials
· A high level of integrity, technical precision, clarity, professionalism, and collaboration.
· Experience working with lobbyists and consultants at the U.S. State and Local level
· Excellent writing and speaking ability. Experience communicating complex subjects to non-experts
· Experience in public sector sales not required, but a plus
· Fluency in English
· Comfortable working in a diverse, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date.VisitourCandidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [emailprotected]for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.Work personas
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.Flexible
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.Remote
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office,including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to workwithin their state, province, region, or country of employment.