In this compelling leadership position,you will be responsible for building and leading a self-organized, cross-functional, and highly effective team to enhance and maintain Workday general ledger and corporate subledgers and their associated data mart/warehouse/lake and reporting/analytic tools. An essential function of this role is to deliver flexible and robust accounting solutions to optimize business processes rapidly and cost efficiently. Youwilloversee the ongoing implementation, enhancement, or maintenance of existing productsTHE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Accounting Systems - Product Management - Director role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Reporting into the VP of Controllers Shared Services Organization, the director will be responsible for overseeing transformation, maintenance and enhancements of Workday General Ledger and Corporate Subledgers
- Support the monthly accounting close process.
- Drive continuous improvements through periodic maintenance releases to accelerate accounting closes, reduce operational risk, and unleash human capacity.
- Provide oversight to ensure appropriate application of GAAP and Tax accounting principles in all system implementations and enhancements.
- Partner with key data providers and consumers to ensure safety and soundness are protected for dependent accounting calculations and published finance data.
- Understand and assess risk; provide guidance in designing SOX controls and business processes during system implementations and enhancements.
- Lead change readiness – design and execution of training program and stakeholder communications.
- Serve as primary point of contact for internal and external auditors and regulators; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas.
- Maintain a productive relationship with external vendors and influence their product roadmaps based on Fannie Mae’s priorities.
- Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Provide training, coaching, and feedback to team members; build bench depth in the Product Owner team.
QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experience
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of related experience and 5+ years in a leadership roe
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Direct the development of the design strategy for new products
- Direct the team on the implementation process for new products
- Drive implementation for product improvements
- Directs a team responsible for the product lifecycle and ongoing maintenance
- Define product strategy that is in alignment with business objectives
Ideal candidates will have:
- Working knowledge of Workday's GL and Corporate modules, as well as theFoundational Data Model (FDM), and interplay with DRM tool.
- Understanding of the overall Controllers' team closeprocess.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills that are adaptable based on the stakeholder.
- Continuous improvement mindset: challenge status quo to find innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with varied stakeholders to deliver optimal design solutions and skills needed to build positive rapport with various levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to present effectively at the executive level.
- Strong accounting skills and deep understanding of internal controls, risk management, and business processes.
- A data acumen and experience working with large volumes of data and an ability to balance data integrity and materiality.
- Critical thinking, analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated progressive and mature leadership and professionalism while leading through change.
- Experience and ability to motivate, manage, rally and mentor teams.
- High attention to detail, self-motivated and quick learner.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a strictly professional manner.
Job Reference ID: REF10336U
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted ourworkplace and hiring processesto better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires.We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company's operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation.Click hereto go directly to information about accommodations.The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [emailprotected]