Job DescriptionTHE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
This role will work collaboratively with stakeholders across Fannie Mae to embed diversity, equity and inclusion into all business and activities of the enterprise, while managing related regulatory requirements, driving a culture of inclusion and belonging and measuring progress across various strategic initiatives.This role is part of the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) which has the responsibility to promote diversity and ensure, to the maximum extent possible in balance with financially safe and sound business practices, the inclusion of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and minority, women, and disabled-owned businesses in all business and activities and at all levels of the regulated entity, including in management, employment, procurement, insurance, and all types of contracts. This role, together with the Chief D&I Officer- SVP (CDIO-SVP), will design and manage inclusion programs and cultivate work and learning environments that support diversity and inclusion.
- Strategically designs and manages inclusion programs with focus on engagement and belonging.
- Leads team focused on day-to-day program operations and strategic execution of workplace diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Represents the Company on national councils and organizations that focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Acts with the CDIO-SVP as company spokespersons for media concerning the Company's commitment to diversity and inclusion, and supporting programs.
- Cultivates work and learning environments that encourage and support diversity and inclusion, including in learning programs such as new employee orientation, performance management, training and development, and succession planning.
- Understands the learning and development needs of the enterprise and work with a variety of business partners to coordinate and deliver appropriate training and development activities to support change.
- Creates and supports multi-year strategies to recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive, and talented workforce while ensuring compliance with equal employment opportunity and other requirements.
- Supports the coordination of diversity and inclusion efforts of Fannie Mae business units to support diversity initiatives.
- Identifies metrics to track the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders. Works with data analysts to develop and enhance meaningful dashboards that enable leadership to evaluate strategy effectiveness.
- Leads the diversity and inclusion outreach and engagement team, overseeing specific outreach programs to the marketplace, workplace, and workforce, including development of external relationships to increase business in underserved communities by leveraging lender partners through initiatives such as financial literacy, foreclosure prevention, and increasing consumers’ trust in the housing market.
- Partners with stakeholders across the enterprise to support employee experience streams to maintain organizational stability and address key needs around change management and culture.
- Ensures effective execution of the company’s Diversity Advisory Council.
- Consults on new policies, processes and initiatives to ensure program design embeds diversity, equity and inclusion. Prepares and summarizes reports and makes recommendations to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion, such as policies, processes, practices, programs and courses.
- Keeps abreast of changes to the legal and regulatory environment relating to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Supports the CDIO-SVP in building and maintaining an effective relationship with Fannie Mae; regulator, specifically with its Office of Minority and Women Inclusion.
Other duties as assigned in support of Fannie Mae’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
QualificationsTHE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- The ideal candidate will bring over 10 years of leadership experience, ideally in the areas of diversity, inclusion and/or talent
- This person will have significant experience leading workplace diversity and inclusion initiatives
- This person will be comfortable in a highly regulated business environment with a focus on complying with equal employment opportunity and other requirements
- This person will have the ability to identify and lead through change, including organizational and behavioral change across levels and audiences
- Demonstrated success building and directly managing a team that works cross-functionally
- Strategic planning and performance management development experience
- Education Level (Required) Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Education Level (Preferred); Master or Other Advanced Degree
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted ourworkplace and hiring processesto better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires.We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company's operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae's workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation.Click hereto go directly to information about accommodations.The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [emailprotected]